The Oxford Fire Department comprises three volunteer fire companies, Oxford Center Company, Quaker Farms Company and Riverside Company, and the Oxford Junior Fire Corps, based at Riverside Fire Station. The department is administered by the Board of Fire Chiefs, which consists of one Fire Chief from each of the town's three fire companies. The Board of Fire Chiefs reports to the Board of Selectmen, which is the Board of Fire Commissioners for the Town of Oxford.
The department was founded in 1940 with the creation of Center Company. The department aims to preserve property, save lives and promote fire prevention and education. Residents 18 and older are eligible to join.
|Scott J. Pelletier||Fire Chief|
|John Downs Jr||Assistant Chief|
|Andrew Coy||Assistant Chief|
|Keith Nelsen||Training Officer|